Our next Startup Law Talk workshop will be on February 26th. If you are thinking about a startup or are already in a startup, this workshop is essential to ensure you protect your intellectual property assets. Don’t miss it!
IP Legalese – Translating for Startups
Do you wish you had a better understanding of your company’s IP? Ever wonder if you’ve got patents, trademarks, copyrights, or all three? Come to our Startup Law Talk workshop at the Saturn Building in Fremont on February 26, 2013 to learn more!
Some of the topics we’ll be covering include:
- Basics of IP – how to know the difference between trademarks, copyrights, and patents.
- IP Management – how best to protect your IP on a startup budget.
- IP Ownership – learn what agreements you should have in place to keep your IP in house.
- IP Taxation – a brief overview of IP Tax considerations for the startup entrepreneur.
Here’s the schedule for the evening:
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm – Networking and refreshments
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Workshop
- 7:00 – 7:30 – Q & A
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Networking
The Saturn Building is located in the heart of Fremont at 3417 Evanston Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103. The event will be held in the conference room, Suite 310. There is street parking and garage parking available near the building. (Sorry, no parking at the Saturn Building itself.) If you’re coming from downtown, the 26 and 28 buses both drop off a couple of blocks from the building (Fremont Ave N and N 34th).
The cost of the event is $15 with online registration or payment at the door, $10 for Saturn Building tenants. Note that space for this event is limited – registration closes at 25 attendees! Sign up early to get your seat.
Have any general IP questions you wish you had answers to? Feel free to send them along email@example.com before the event.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
-The Startup Law Talk Team